Need a Fresh Look for your Books?
Here’s a DIY for a fresh, chic, affordable look to update any old and mismatched books.
Before: Uncovered books
After: Covered books
Steps to Success:
- Place book onto brown Kraft Paper and leave about 2-3 inches of paper hanging over on each side of the book. Make sure that the book can be folded over twice before cutting. Cut out measured Kraft paper.
- Fold down the top and bottom of the paper, 2 inches each, until the paper is flush with the edges of the book.
- Next, fold one side 2 inches in, to create a pocket that one side of the book can be tucked into.
- Close the book and tuck in the other side with the remaining 2 inches of folded paper.
- Place on bookshelf with other covered books, to complete the look!
Here’s Julie’s daughter, Macy, with a warp-speed video of the process!